Saturday, January 30, 2010

2nd Day of Nationals

Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals were played yesterday... I can't describe how disappointed I feel from losing my doubles in the quarters, and then losing my mixed in the semis... But with this disappointment comes inspiration and motivation.. I swear, next year's results will change dramatically. I'm sick of losing and I'm craving to win.

Besides my games, the other matches were great to watch. Martin Guiffre upsetted Joseph Rogers in the quarter-finals. Martin came onto the court 2 minutes before he was defaulted... luckily I found him in the Junior boy's locker room!

Michelle Li had a late arrival only to step into the club when her match was called. It was like she has slept in or something... Her badminton was definitely affected and was down 3rd set 17-13. She ended pulling through with many clutch, down the line smashes winning 21-19.

Another huge upset in the quarter-finals was Francois Bourret and Florence Lavoie defeating #1 seed Toby Ng and Grace Gao. I did not see this match because I was playing my quarter-final at the same time.

Semi-Final commenced and I became the first upset of the semis... I lost 3 games to Jon Vandervet and Milaine Cloutier, 22-20, 18-21, 21-17. I played like crap. PERIOD. I was not moving like how I normally move and just couldnt find the timing to hit the bird.

Alex Pang vs David Snider. This match was absolutely amazing. Super fast pace and intense rallies throughout the game. Alex Pang upsetted the #1 seed David Snider 21-19, 21-17! Alex was moving much quicker than David, and with the bigger range of shot variety, Alex was sure to succeed. Congratulations Alex!

Martin Guiffre vs Stephan Wojcikiewicz. With a steady play like Martin, he came back twice to win 2 games against the second seed Wojcikiewics. Well done by the first year U23 player.

After that, all other seeds advanced.

Finals:

Jon Vandervet/Milaine Cloutier vs Alvin Lau/Fiona McKee

My prediction: Jon/Milaine in 3

Alex Pang vs Martin Guiffre

My prediction: Pang in 2. Martin's attack is no match for Pang's defense and Pang's attack is too much for Martin's defense.

Anna Rice vs Michelle Li

My prediction: Anna Rice in 3. Michelle seems to be having a bad tournament. She isn't playing that well this week.

Women's Doubles: Lydia Jiao/Melody Liang vs Alex Bruce/Michelle Li

My prediction: Lydia Jiao/Melody in 2. Have you seen Lydia play?? Holy crap.. DOMINATION

Men's Doubles: Adrian Liu/Toby Ng vs Jon Vandervet/Alvin Lau

My prediction: Adrian Liu/Toby Ng in 2. If they play as well as they did yesterday.. no competition. Alvin and Jon are too unstable when put into a stressful situation.

Good luck to all competing.

No comments:

Post a Comment