Friday, January 15, 2010

Burgoo

Fitness test today... I felt pretty mediocre doing it. I definitely dont think I did as well as I did before during the summer. Videos and test results will be posted as soon as they get emailed to me from CSC Pacific.

In the meantime, I went to Burgoo tonight with my girlfriend. For those who have not heard of this restaurant, it is a small, cozy restaurant with a warm, casual atmosphere. They do not take reservations so I did have to wait around 15-20 minutes before I got a table.

Here's what we ordered:
Winter Feature: Smoked Cheddar with Spinach Fondue ($13). This came with some sliced apples, grapes, and grape tomatoes. The cheese fondue was tasty but was more creamy than cheesy.

Main: Ratatouille Provençale ($13): The tomatoes, which was the main ingredient, was a bit too sour for me. Maybe they didnt >add enough sugar but when eaten with the sprinkle of goat cheese they added, it was delicious. I wish they had more cheese!

Main: Chicken Caesar Clubhouse w/soup ($14): This sandwich was quite big once stacked together! It also came with some bacon which was fantastic. Who doesn't like bacon?!!

Soup: Sunset Corn and Chicken: The soup was by far the best tasting part of the meal. It was very hearty and Burgoo did not cheap out on the chicken. Lime + Cream + Cilantro can usually never go wrong. Adding some cumin spice was the extra kick that made the soup all that much better! Very tasty, but the soup does get a bit salty and spicy in your mouth fast. Water was helpful!

Service: Service was found when needed. Food came fast. Unfortunate that they do not reserve tables cuz sometimes I hate waiting for good food. Really sucks when you're hungry, standing, and watching people eat this food which smells so delicious.

Burgoo
4434 W. 10th Ave
Vancouver

Derrick's rank: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment